Why raise money with kickball?
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is a national nonprofit public charity dedicated to dramatically increasing adoptions of the more than 137,000 children waiting in North America’s foster care systems. Created by Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas, who was adopted, the Foundation implements results-driven national signature programs, foster care adoption awareness initiatives and research-based advocacy efforts.
- There are more than 400,000 children in the U.S. foster care system; 104,000 of these children are available for adoption.
- More children become available for adoption each year than are adopted.
- A child in foster care can wait up to five years to be adopted.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 children in foster care turn 18 and age out of the public child welfare system without a permanent family.
- Nearly 40% of American adults, or 81.5 million people, have considered adopting a child. If just one in 500 of these adults adopted, every waiting child in foster care would have a permanent family.
Find out what children in foster care are really like. And help us find them forever homes. Learn more about the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.