Use these tools to promote foster care adoption and share the mission of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption in your community.
Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption information brochure
An overview of the Foundation and its signature programs.
National Adoption Day
On Nov. 17, 2012, during National Adoption Month, judges across the country make it a priority to finalize pending foster care adoptions. National Adoption Day is held each year on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
National Adoption Awareness Month resources
Promote foster care adoption in your community to help us find a family for every child, especially during National Adoption Awareness Month each November. Here are some of the ways you can help:
Reach out to your local media using these resources:
- Media relations tips
- Sample news release
- Sample letter to the editor
- Sample event announcement
- Letter to request airing of public service announcement
- Order our free public service announcements, videos and posters
- Share our Step-by-Step Guide to Adoption with potential adoptive parents
- Engage your faith community
- Encourage employers in your area to offer adoption benefits
- Participate in National Adoption Day
- Gather your family and friends to watch the CBS foster care adoption special, A Home for the Holidays
- Share the 2013 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces list