Does your organization offer adoption benefits?
Complete our survey to be recognized as a Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace.
More than 30 years ago, our founder Dave Thomas led an initiative advocating for adoption benefits in the workplace, because to him, it was just “the right thing to do.” The Foundation has carried that legacy forward through the Adoption-Friendly Workplace program.
The Foundation partners with RTI International, an independent, nonprofit research institute, to conduct the Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace survey. This spring, we will release the 2024 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces list, which recognizes organizations that strive to make adoption and foster care supported options for every working parent.
Participating organizations will have the opportunity to:
- Opt-in to share their adoption and foster care benefits with other survey participants. Only organizations that choose to opt-in will have access to the database after the survey closes.
- Access benchmark reports via an interactive, online dashboard. Your report will compare the benefits that your organization offers for financial reimbursement, paid leave and foster care to all other organizations that completed the survey, including breakdowns by industry and size.
- Earn a badge to feature on your organization’s website, social media channels and human resources materials.
- Elevate your organization’s story through an optional guest article on the Foundation’s website and social media channels.
Scores are calculated according to the following criteria:
- Financial Reimbursement: 45%
- Paid Leave: 45%
- Employee Eligibility: 10%
NOTE: In response to feedback provided by participants, the survey is open earlier in the year. Submit your responses between January 10-March 22. And watch for the 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces list to be announced in May of 2024.
According to the Society for Human Resource Management’s 2023 Employee Benefits Survey, more than a third of U.S. companies offer paid adoption leave. In this article from HR Dive, Foundation President & CEO Rita Soronen spoke to the importance of organizations being equitable to all the ways families are formed. Read more.
100 BEST ADOPTION-FRIENDLY WORKPLACE SPOTLIGHTS
“Becoming a forever family gave our kids the security and stability they needed to grow and thrive. The continued support we receive from Etsy is invaluable.”
— Chelsea (Etsy employee) pictured with her family
Hilton Grand Vacations
“I learned of the adoption benefit assistance through Hilton Grand Vacations and was overjoyed!”
— Wayne (HGV employee) pictured with his family
“Knowing that VMLY&R was pledging their support, both financially and emotionally, brought us through some of the dark times and helped us celebrate in the best of times.”
— Kelli (VMLY&R employee) pictured with her family
Together, we will ensure that every child has a permanent home and a loving family.