The 2023 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace survey is now closed.
Register your organization for the 2024 survey
Watch for this year’s 100 Best list to be announced in November.
Does your organization offer adoption benefits?
Complete our survey to be recognized as a Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace.
More than 25 years ago, our founder, Dave Thomas, led an initiative advocating for better adoption benefits in the workplace, because to him, it was just “the right thing to do.” The Foundation has carried that legacy forward through the Adoption-Friendly Workplace program.
The Foundation is partnering with RTI International, an independent, nonprofit research institute, to conduct the Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace survey. This fall, we will release the 2023 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces list, which recognizes organizations that strive to make adoption a supported option for every working parent.
Participating organizations will have the opportunity to:
- New This Year: Organizations can opt-in to sharing their adoption benefits with other survey participants. Only organizations that choose to opt-in to sharing their benefits will have access to the database after the survey closes.
- Access benchmark reports via an interactive, online dashboard. Your report will compare the benefits that your organization offers for financial reimbursement, paid leave and foster care to all other organizations that completed the survey, including breakdowns by industry and size.
- Earn a badge to feature on your organization’s website, social media channels and human resources materials.
- Elevate your organization’s story through an optional guest article on the Foundation’s website and social media channels.
Scores will be calculated according to the following criteria:
- Financial Reimbursement: 45%
- Paid Leave: 45%
- Employee Eligibility: 10%
In an article for the Forbes Nonprofit Council, Rita Soronen, Foundation President & CEO, shares how businesses can get started with adoption benefits. “Adding adoption benefits to the package is responding to the increase in families who are adopting infants and children through age 18, domestically, internationally and through the foster care system,” says Soronen. Read more.
Bank of America
“Bank of America provided a full complement of benefits when it came to our journey to parenthood.”
The Fetzer Institute
“Having the full and generous support of Fetzer was huge. Having space to focus 100% on getting know each other, beginning to workout our rhythms and delights together as a family was a priceless gift to all of us.”
Newly Weds Foods
“Our children are surrounded by so much love and we are grateful for it. We are a forever family…all of us.”
Together, we will ensure that every child has a permanent home and a loving family.