Special Events and Promotions Guidelines
The Foundation is pleased to support your efforts by providing:
- Planning expertise.
- Permission to use the Foundation’s name and logo. Note: All fundraising activities that involve use of the Foundation’s name or logo must be approved in advance.
- Written tax receipts to donors who make checks payable to the “Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption” in accordance to charitable giving receipting standards.
Special event and promotions guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for any third-party event, and cannot pay to participate in an event or advertising opportunities at an event.
- The Foundation and The Wendy’s Company are two separate entities. The Foundation is unable to provide Wendy’s coupons for an event and cannot provide support or participation from Wendy’s restaurants.
- Due to the large geographical area covered and limited staff, the Foundation may be unable to provide a representative to attend the event.
- An application must be completed and submitted to the Foundation at least four weeks prior to the proposed fundraising activity. Approval will be granted on a per event/promotion basis. Applicants must reapply annually for approval.
- The Foundation reserves the right to deny any application for a fundraising activity that does not complement or advance the Foundation’s mission.
- All publicity activities must be approved by the Foundation prior to distribution.
- Publicity may not imply that the event is sponsored or co-sponsored by the Foundation. List the event name followed by “…benefiting the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.”
- Please notify the Foundation if another organization will benefit from this event or promotion.
- Solicitation of businesses involving the direct or implied use of the Foundation name or logo must be approved in advance.
- The Foundation and all related entities are not liable for any injuries sustained by event volunteers or participants related to an event benefiting the Foundation, and cannot assume any liability for the event.
- All funds raised for the Foundation must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the end of the event or promotion.
- In accordance with fundraising standards, any solicitations relating to the event must specify at the point of solicitation, and in a manner acceptable to the Foundation: a) that the promotion is benefiting the Foundation; b) the actual or anticipated portion of the purchase price that will benefit the Foundation (please note that general “proceeds benefit” language is not sufficient); c) the duration of the activity; and d) any maximum or guaranteed minimum contribution amount.